Employee Directory

Employee Directory Link

College Catalog

College Catalog Link

Student Handbook

Student Handbook Link


Bookstore Link

Class Schedules

Class Schedule Link

Student Links

Student Page Link

ACCE Frequently Asked Questions:

  • Q: What is ACCE?
    A: ACCE stands for Access to Community College Education. ACCE is an economic development public/private partnership that makes college available debt-free to high school and home-schooled graduates by funding NRCC tuition for two years. ACCE will support the youth of participating counties by making college within reach. With the support of ACCE, students will graduate from NRCC prepared to join the workforce or transfer to a four-year university without college debt. ACCE supports as many students as possible based on student need and funds available for the program. Students who receive ACCE funding also participate in volunteer service in their community.
  • Q: Do I qualify for ACCE funds?
    A: Visit www.nr.edu/acce for a list of qualifications.
  • Q: How do I apply for ACCE funds?
    A: To apply for ACCE, visit www.nr.edu/acce, click on “Student ACCE Application,” and complete the application for your locality.
  • Q: May my parent or guardian discuss my ACCE status with NRCC faculty or staff?
    A: FERPA law does not allow us to discuss your academic and financial aid status with anyone else. If you would like your parent/guardian to discuss your ACCE status with NRCC staff, students must sign the Student Information Release form through the NRCC Admissions and Records office.
  • Q: When should I start/finish my volunteer service hours?
    A: Volunteer service hours will begin after high school graduation. Students will be given information about volunteer service hours after acceptance into the ACCE program. Students will be expected to complete 80 hours for each year they are in the ACCE program.
  • Q: Where can I complete my required ACCE community service?
    A: ACCE community service is managed and assigned by individual localities. All community service questions should be directed to the following individuals:
  • Q: May I use federal financial aid awards to cover the cost of textbooks and additional credits and then use ACCE funding to cover the cost of tuition?
    A: All federal financial aid awards must be applied toward tuition first. Students who receive full federal financial aid will not receive ACCE funds. ACCE funds will cover any additional tuition not covered by federal financial aid, up to 15 credits (12 credits in Radford). Tuition costs beyond 15 credits (12 credits in Radford) and other related college expenses, including textbooks and supplies, are the responsibility of the student.
  • Q: Will I qualify for any NRCC Educational Foundation Scholarships as an ACCE student?
    A: Students can apply for both Foundation Scholarships and ACCE funds, but students cannot receive both awards. Foundation staff will review applications and award funding based on which opportunity will best financially benefit the student.
  • Q: May I use outside scholarships to pay for textbooks and additional credits?
    A: Students can apply for and accept outside scholarship awards that can be used for any expenses beyond 15 credits of tuition, including books and related college supplies. High school counselors and NRCC career coaches at local high schools should have a list of available outside scholarship opportunities.
  • Q: May I communicate with NRCC faculty and staff using my personal email?
    A: As a high school student applying for the ACCE program, NRCC Foundation office staff can communicate with students through personal email accounts provided in the ACCE application. However, after June 1 (upon high school graduation), we can only contact you using your NRCC student email account. If you have problems logging into your NRCC email account, please contact the NRCC Help Desk at nr4help@nr.edu or call (540) 674-3600, ext. 4400. *This policy change became effective November 6, 2019 due to VCCS email changes.
  • Q: What happens if I miss an ACCE deadline to submit an application or additional requested documentation?
    A: All ACCE deadlines are published online at www.nr.edu/acce. Applications or additional documentation will not be accepted after a published deadline has passed. If a student misses a deadline, it will result in the loss of the ACCE funding opportunity.
  • Q: May I take a year off from school, then return to participate in the ACCE program?
    A: Students cannot take a “gap” year and still participate in ACCE. All students must begin the ACCE program the year of their high school graduation or completion homeschool curriculum.
  • Q: Who do I contact with questions about my FAFSA?
    A: Students who have questions about their FAFSA or federal financial aid should contact the NRCC Financial Aid Office at (540) 674-3600, ext. 4279 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
  • Q: Who do I contact with questions about class schedule changes?
    A: Students who have questions about class schedule changes should contact the NRCC Advising Office at (540)674-3609 during business hours, 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Students may also contact their NRCC advisor.
  • Q: May homeschool students participate in the ACCE program?
    A: Homeschool students may participate in the ACCE program, but they must begin the program with their graduating class and be able to submit a valid high school transcript with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above.
  • Q: May I participate in the ACCE program if I pay tuition to attend a school district that participates in the ACCE program, but I live in a locality that does not participate in the program?
    A: ACCE eligibility is based only on residency in participating localities (Giles, Floyd, Montgomery, and Pulaski counties and Radford City). If a student lives in a participating locality but attends a school outside of the participating localities, that student will still be eligible for ACCE because of residency location. However, the student will need to apply for the ACCE program in the county/city of residence, not at the high school.
  • Q: May I attend another college/university my first year then transfer to NRCC and participate in the ACCE program for my second year of college?
    A: All students must begin the ACCE program the year of their high school graduation or completion of a homeschool curriculum.
  • Q: I cannot access my NRCC email account to respond to the April 1 acceptance email.
    A: If you have not been enrolled at NRCC within the past year, your NRCC email account is inactive. Please use your personal email account to communicate with the Foundation Office. Your NRCC email will become active when you are registered for classes as an ACCE student. After registering for classes, please begin using your NRCC email account instead of your personal account. If you have problems logging into your NRCC email account, please contact the NRCC Help Desk at nr4help@nr.edu or call (540) 674-3600, ext. 4400.



NRCC Alert Icon



  •  5251 College Drive
  •  Dublin, VA 24084
  •  (540) 674-3600
  •  Toll Free: 866-462-6722
  •  Fax: (540) 674-3602
  •  Directions


  •  782 New River Road NW, Suite 400
  •  Christiansburg, VA 24073
  •  (540) 674-3610
  •  Fax: (540) 381-7128
  •  Directions
  •  More...

Send comments about this web site to web@nr.edu and general questions about the college to info@nr.edu