* Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in related field.
* Ability to work well with others in a professional manner.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
If you are a student, you must have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and a letter grade of A in subjects you tutor.
New River Community College's Academic Success Center is accepting applications for various tutor positions. The successful applicant will be responsible for meeting with NRCC students individually or in small groups to discuss course concepts and share effective learning, studying, and test-taking strategies specific to their course.
* Conducting scheduled and walk-in tutoring sessions with students on course-related material
* If embedded, attending class with students and working closely with NRCC instructors.
* Helping students find answers to their questions
* Recording session notes
* Reviewing lesson plans
* Familiarizing themselves with current textbooks
* Completing manager-assigned projects
* Staffing the front desk when needed, answering phone calls and assisting with operational tasks.
Immediate need in anatomy & physiology, nursing, and accounting.
$14.20 per hour
Open until filled
Apply online at: VCCS Jobs
Forward a completed state application and resume to:
Human Resources Office
New River Community College
5251 College Drive
Dublin, VA 24084
(540) 674-3651 Fax
(540) 674-3619 TDD
(866) 462-6722 Toll-Free